Important Notice: The Jaybilizer HDSLR is no longer in production and we have ceased taking orders. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
The Jaybilizer HDSLR v2.0 Camera Stabilizer
The Jaybilizer HDSLR is the first affordable camera stabilizer that is optimized for shooting with the new generation of digital SLR Cameras that shoot high definition video. The Jaybilizer HDSLR is a Merlin-type camera stabilizer optimized for the Canon 5DMk2 and other DSLR cameras weighing between2 lbs ( .9 kg) and 4 lbs (1.8 kg.)
Comfort cushioned grip
Heavy duty yet lightweight
Smooth steady shots for shooting Hi-Definition video
Usually ships within 1 business day of your order
Please allow 10 days for standard delivery.
The Jaybilizer HDSLR is a Stedicam Merlin-like camera stabilizer that is optimized for shooting with the new generation of digital SLR cameras that shoot high definition video. These cameras produce stunning quality with a film-like narrow depth of field and ultra low light capabilities. The downside is that these cameras are unwieldy for shooting video. The Jaybilizer HDSLR solves this problem and allows photographers and cinematographers to do Steadicam-like “flying” shots. The Jaybilizer is constructed of high quality steel and 6061 aluminum, with a heavy duty steel ball gimbal. The 8″ counterweight bar also acts as a tripod for easily setting down and storing the Jaybilizer. The Jaybilizer HDSLR is an affordable alternative to other expensive stabilizers, costing only a quarter as much as the Steadicam Merlin.
The trouble with most camera stabilizers is that it is difficult and time consuming to properly balance a camera. The Jabilizer HDSLR makes this process much easier with both side to side and forward and backward infinitely adjustable sliding balance plates and external adjusting thumbscrews. The Jaybilizer is optimized for camera and lens combinations that weigh between 1.5 and 4 lbs.
*IMPORTANT* This Stabilizer is designed for small camcorders and DSLRs under 4 pounds total weight.
Please see the Jaybilizer FAQ Page for a list of tested cameras.
As with any camera stabilizer system the Jaybilizer does take some time to initially balance your camera, and getting the smoothest shots does require practice. Please check out the videos on how to set-up and balance your Jaybilizer HDSLR, as well as a video demonstrating some shooting techniques.
Also it is important to note that all camera stabilizers work better with wide angle prime lenses. Long heavy zoom lenses are generally too front heavy and tend to produce shakier images. Some DSLRs do not have auto focus in live view mode, so so increasing your f-stop will lengthen your depth of field.
Some of the DSLR cameras that the Jaybilizer HDSLR works with include:
The Canon 5DMK2
The Canon 7D
The Nikon D90
The Nkon D5000
The Lumix GH- series
The Olympus E-P1
The Pentax K7
The Jaybilizer HDSLR also works well with small HD camcorders with DOF adapters, such as the Canon HV30 with the JAG 35 adapter.
Jaybilizer HDSLR Key Features
- Steel ball gimbal
- Heavy duty steel and machined 6061 aluminum construction
- Rugged powdercoat black matte textured finish
- Foam comfort grip
- Can be configured to shoot inverted
- Fully adjustable camera plate
- Easy one-screw infinite side balance adjustment
- Works with a wide variety of camcorders and DSLRs
- Quick release camera plate
- Dual spirit levels for accurate balancing
- Supports camera rigs up to 4 lbs
- 8″ counterweight bar allows you to store the Jaybilizer HDSLR upright and improves balance.
Care must be observed while using this product, mishandling can result in damage to your equipment or bodily injury to yourself or others. By purchasing this product you agree that you will use it at YOUR OWN RISK. Any modifications made or added to this rig are your sole responsibility. Due to the fact that this is a hand made item there may be small aesthetic defects which will not affect the performance of the product.
International Buyers – Please note:
* Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
* Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
* These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
* We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as “gifts” – US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.